Snowie is a high-quality backgammon program. It is based on proprietary neural network technology that has been trained to play as good as or better than the best human players. Snowie 1 to Snowie 3 used a special learning technique similar to the TD learning algorithm published by G. Tesauro. Snowie 4 however, is based on a new kind of learning algorithm that allowed it to play much stronger than the previous version.
Features of the Student edition (USD 100) and the Professional edition
- Play against a world class opponent.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface with contextual HTML help.
- Great gaphics with the availability of a 3D Board.
- Play table stakes backgammon.
- Rate yourself with the integrated ELO ranking point system.
- Amazing bearoff database (up to pt 11) included on the CD.
- Learn from the advice of Snowie on checker plays and cube decisions.
- Learn how to play a specific position.
- Learn everything about the current score of the match.
- Annotate your matches.
- Export your matches to HTML, ascii or to the printer.
- Extra features for the Professional edition (USD 380) only
- Make rollouts of your checker plays and cube decisions:
- Cubeless rollouts (full or truncated) played on 1-ply, 2-ply or 3-ply.
- Variance reduction of the result.
- Cubeful rollouts (for money game AND for match play).
- Import your matches played on the Internet.
- Import your TrueMoneygames sessions and analyze them taking into account Table Stakes.
- Let your whole matches be analyzed by Snowie and get an error rate of your matches.
- Explore your analyzed matches and investigate the errors.
Visit the Snowie Website